HELLO THERE!

HELLO THERE!
WELCOME TO ALL FELLOW CAMPAIGNERS for DISABILITY RIGHTS - a pan disability blog connecting my work with, EQUAL LIVES, the National Survivor User Network (NSUN) and the Survivor History Group.
--- HEDDWCH

Protest, Norwich Job Centre

Protest, Norwich Job Centre
Fatso Gets Militant!

Tuesday, 22 March 2011

London Rally 26/03/11.

The Rural Demon strikes again. And once again I’m disabled by London and I’m also, ostensibly, disabled by the the rally organisers. It looks to me like able bodied urban dwellers (15 coaches from Birmingham! - Guardian G2 22/03/11.) are being treated more favourably than us rural underlings.

I was booked, with my wheelchair, on the Norfolk Coalition of Disabled People coach to the rally. Over the weekend I got this message from NCODP:

                “...due to the arrangements in London it has turned out impossible to guarantee complete accessible access travel to the march. The coach will be stopping at Stratford Station and people will need to make their own way through to the march, a journey which is not fully accessible via the Tube.”



In a self propelled wheelchair that is near impossible for me. Talk about social barriers! NCODP did attempt to offset the problem by offering to pay travel fares but that’s still not possible for me.



So from me, a helpless Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Bweebideebobbida

Bweebideebobbida
The Tough Tenor (when I could walk)!

In a Mellotone

In a Mellotone
Ah sweet Youffff