HELLO THERE!

HELLO THERE!
WELCOME TO ALL FELLOW CAMPAIGNERS for DISABILITY RIGHTS - a pan disability blog connecting my work with, EQUAL LIVES, the National Survivor User Network (NSUN) and the Survivor History Group.
--- HEDDWCH

Protest, Norwich Job Centre

Protest, Norwich Job Centre
Fatso Gets Militant!

Wednesday, 26 September 2007

see "Letter to the Guardian" below

My letter, lightly edited, is published in Guardian Society today.

What I'd like to do on this score to take it forward, is to have some meetings with the procurement sections of our local authorities, PCTs and other relevant public authorities - preferably in tandem with, or via of my trade union, but if that's not on the cards, on my own initiative.

Those meetings will aim to discuss this proposition:

Public authorities who commission private/independent organisations to carry out public functions, where those private/independent organisations do not observe the Disability Equality Duty, are in breach of their own Disability Equality Schemes and should be prosecuted.

No comments:

Bweebideebobbida

Bweebideebobbida
The Tough Tenor (when I could walk)!

In a Mellotone

In a Mellotone
Ah sweet Youffff